The Dolton Public Library District offers meeting and study rooms for public use. Please read our Meeting Rooms & Study Rooms Policy carefully, and the Group Eligibility and Meeting Room Fees sections, before requesting use of the rooms. The library does not provide set-up/take down services or refreshments. Room users are responsible for setting the room up and leaving it in the condition in which they found it.
Meeting Room Use
To request use of a meeting room, please fill out an Application for Meeting Room Use.
If you also need to use A/V equipment, please include the Request for A/V Equipment Use with Meeting Rooms form, as well. A/V equipment will only be available to those who submit the appropriate form ahead of time.
Return completed forms to the library in person or email them to email@example.com If fees are required, they must be paid before a reservation is confirmed.
Community rooms available
Mary Taylor Josway Auditorium
Projection booth and screen
Maximum seating: 75 people
Emil J. Kopac Meeting Room
- Projection screen
- Maximum seating: 40 people
The Community Rooms are available to groups during the hours the library is open for general use. Meetings will terminate thirty (30) minutes before closing so that the doors can be locked at the closing hour.
Kitchenette and supplies
The kitchenette area may be used in conjunction with the Mary Taylor Josway Memorial Auditorium. The kitchenette contains a small refrigerator and stove.
Use of the kitchenette is limited to the preparation of simple refreshments. The library cannot supply table cloths, paper cups, napkins, etc., silverware, coffee/tea pots, or extension cords. The room must be left in a clean, orderly condition and all refuse placed in the disposal containers provided. Any group wishing to serve refreshments must provide a $20.00 deposit when reserving the room. In the event that the facilities are messy and/or soiled, the deposit may be forfeited. In addition, such negligence may negatively impact future use.
- 16mm sound motion picture projector and video projector. Library personnel may be requested to operate the projector subject to the current fee schedule.
- 2×2 slide projector with circular tray holding 120 slides
- Five folding tables
- Microphone and lectern
- Wall mounted projection screens in Auditorium and Kopac Room
$20.00 deposit for request to serve refreshments, payable in cash only.
$20.00 per hour or fraction thereof for library personnel projectionist to operate the 16mm sound motion picture projector and video projector, payable in advance.
- A library employee will notify the group when it is fifteen (15) minutes before the time set for the close of the meeting
- The library cannot provide storage space for equipment or supplies, nor can it supply porter service into the facility
- Organizations that meet in the library may not use the library as a mailing address
- Organizations using meeting rooms are responsible for reimbursing the library for any damage that occurs to library furniture or equipment due to the gruops’ use of the room.
- Publicity announcing meetings in the rooms should in no way imply library sponsorship.
- Meetings of groups of individuals under eighteen years of age must be attended by an adult sponsor.
- The library is not responsible for losses incurred by the group due to cancellation of the meeting by the library.
Any group or persons using a meeting room indemnifies and holds harmless the trustees and staff of the Dolton Public Library for any and all accidents which may be sustained on the premises.
Please add this notice on printed matter announcing your meeting:
The Dolton Public Library is subject to the requirements of the American with Disabilities Act of 1990. Anyone who plans to attend a program and needs special accommodations, or has a question regarding library accessibility, may phone the Business Office at (708) 849-2385 at least 7 working days prior to the event.